The following are the most important questions that have been dealt with in this regard, and their exact answers in accordance with the Turkish Nationality Law and its Executive Regulations published on 15/10/2018.
How can I obtain Turkish citizenship?
Foreigners can obtain Turkish nationality in several ways, including buying a property in Turkey, provided that the purchase of the property should be after the date 12/1/2017.
Can I buy any residential or commercial property to apply for Turkish citizenship?
Yes, you can buy any property you choose on the condition that it exceeds $ 250,000, be it an apartment, villa, commercial store or any other property in Turkey.
How is the price of the property purchased to be evaluated for Turkish citizenship?
The property value evaluation report must be obtained, provided that it has been certified by the accredited institutions of the Turkish government.
How long is the accepted time to prepare a property valuation report?
The preparation date of the property evaluation report must not exceed 3 months from the date of the application; the report is valid until the completion of the procedure for applying for Turkish citizenship.
Can I register the value of the property at title deed at a price lower than its real price to lower the tax rate?
The value of the property registered in the title deed cannot be lower than the value recorded in the valuation report.
Can the property price be just under $ 250,000, and how is the dollar exchange rate calculated when paying for the property?
The value of the property must be slightly higher than the amount specified in the Regulations,
The exchange rate of the dollar is calculated according to the Central Bank of Turkey's price bulletin on the date of purchase of the property.
Can I pay the property amount in cash?
This cannot be done, all financial payments from the buyer to the seller must be under-documented bank transfers issued from the buyer's account to the seller's account.
Can I buy a property from foreigner and apply for Turkish citizenship?
The property cannot be purchased from foreigner. You must buy the property from a Turkish person or a Turkish company.
Can I buy a property by installments to apply for Turkish citizenship?
In this case, the amounts paid are calculated only from the value of the property, so the value of premiums paid must be more than $ 250,000.
Can I sell the property directly after obtaining Turkish citizenship?
You must write a pledge in the title deed not to sell the property for 3 years.
Can I buy more than one property to apply for Turkish citizenship?
Yes, it is possible to buy several properties, provided that the papers of all the properties together, and the total value of more than 250 thousand dollars at the date of submission of the application.
If I get Turkish citizenship after buying the property, will my wife and children get Turkish citizenship with me as well?
Yes, wife and children under 18 years of age get Turkish citizenship when applying in the same file of the property owner.
Is it possible to rent the property purchased for the purpose of applying for Turkish nationality?
Yes, you can rent the property.
Can I authorize another person to submit a citizenship file and follow up the procedures instead of me?
Yes, you can do an agency at the Turkish Embassy in your country, or at the Notary Public in Turkey, for any person you choose to follow up the proceedings on your behalf.
How long will it take to complete the procedure for obtaining Turkish citizenship?
45 days from the date of delivery of the required documents to the Turkish government, until the signing by the President of the Republic.
What papers are required to apply for Turkish citizenship?
- Filling out the application in Capital Latin letters without any shortage or errors, and signing the application by the concerned
- A document proving the identity of the owner, such as a passport, or an identity card issued by another State.
- In order to grant citizenship to children, one of the parents must grant consent to the other party, whether the mother or father.
- A document proving your civil status or marriage contract.
- Birth certificate or any other document confirming your information such as a civil registry.
- A family statement or Family register document.
- A non-judgmental document (not sentenced).
- 2 Personal Photos (Biometrics).
- The same documents are required for both husband and wife.
Papers required to apply for Turkish citizenship to children under the age of 18 who will be granted exceptional citizenship by one of the parents in return of a property
- Birth certificate of the child.
- Birth certificate (birth statement).
- One of the parents’ consent to the other.
- Parents’ marriage contract.
Real estate documents required to apply for Turkish citizenship
- Copy of the title deed (the title of the property purchased).
- Copies of bank transfers, bank receipts, and bank statements, under which the property was paid and transferred from the seller's account to the buyer's account, certified by the concerned party.
- Property assessment Document by assessment and review institution licensed by the Turkish State.
Can I retain my original nationality after receiving Turkish citizenship in return for buying a property?
Yes, there are no requirements for the renunciation of your original nationality when you get Turkish citizenship.
Can the Syrian obtain Turkish citizenship under this law?
The Syrian cannot obtain citizenship for a real estate investment